Wednesday, May 2, 2012

All that Jazz!

I was hoping for the Celtics to lose Game 2 but Paul Pierce delivered when it mattered the most pouring 36 points and 14 rebounds to win Game 2 and possibly momentum for their Game 3 and 4 home stand. With the result, I think I made the wrong decision of picking Garnett and should have went with my gut for Holiday. Holiday was also solid as he had 26 points to pace the Sixers with a win over the Bulls who clearly missed Derrick Rose's playmaking ability. Lawson also had a good game with 25 points. Things to look at for the upcoming games of either series:

  • Gallinari took 18 shots but only drained 5. This tells me that he will be working extra hard to make and create more shots for himself.
  • Noah made 10-11 shots and was perfect 7-7 at the first half. He was making baskets from mid range and making his "bang bang" gesture in every shot. But I do not think that he will be this good shooting the ball for the rest of the series.
  • The swap from Meeks to Turner paid off as they made it hard for Hamilton to create his own shot. It also allowed the Sixers to have 3 ball handlers(Turner, Holiday, Iguodala) acting as point guards in alternate possessions generating open shots for their teammates (The team as a whole shot 59% from the field).
  • Josh Smith suffered an injury in Game 2. If this will prevent him to be 100% in Game 3, I expect Boston to win this series, making the Josh Smith pick on Day 2 the best pick.
  • Andre Iguodala's achilles is still an issue. He injured his achilles last season. This may be another reason why Turner was slated to start instead of Meeks; to have another facilitator on the court.

We have three games in schedule for tonight and I will not touch any player from Clippers/Grizzlies until someone gets a 2 win lead. For the Pacers/Magic series, I want to pick Ryan Anderson at home but I will probably save him for Game 4. He might not give a 25 PRA because the Pacers finally knew how to defend the three point area. As I stated in my blog days ago, the Spurs want to take an early rest from the playoffs to get ready for the second round so they will do everything they can to sweep the series against Utah. Of course Utah will not go without a fight, so I am picking Paul Millsap for tonight's game. Will save Al Jeff for a home game. Quick tidbit for you guys, Tiago Splitter suffered an injury in Game 1, leaving Pop to start Duncan and Diaw. If Splitter is unable to play, Diaw will be matched against Millsap and it will be a matchup that will be an advantage to Millsap as he is faster and more athletic than Diaw. Blair will also crack the rotation and will be given a shot to earn rotation minutes.

With these data in mind, I hope that the Jazz lose Game 2 and Millsap might exceed his 29 PRA on Game 1. My projected stats for Millsap would be 23pts, 10rebs, 2asts

No comments:

Post a Comment