Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hawk-eye

The Avengers was awesome (my money was well spent!) and with that, I decided to name this blog post in relation to the movie. Hawkeye was played by Jeremy Renner by the way and he is the marksman among their group.

Going back to basketball news, the Mavs got swept by the Thunder and Dirk got a 43 PRA (his highest in 4 games), Kidd also got a surprising 31 PRA (also his highest in 4 games) and that is all you need to know. Terry started the game but could not just get it going, the other rotation guys played good but they can play better. The Spurs won (3-0 lead), Pacers won in OT(3-1 lead) and the Clippers won in a thrilling sequence. Rudy Gay made a tough three point basket to cut the lead to one, but missed the last shot of the game. With the Clips leading 2-1, I might use a Memphis player just in case they lose Game 4.

For today's pick, I will go with a Hawk. Really wanted to pick J-Smoove but with his recent injury, I doubt that he will be 100% in basketball shape. So that leaves me with Joe Johnson and Jeff Teague, its basically a toss-up between the two since both of them can give their owners a solid 20+ PRA but I chose Joe Johnson because with Smith not playing 100%, the Hawks will rely on iso-Joe to shoot his way to a win. Another reason I chose Joe instead of Jeff is that Joe can light it up and explode in this momentum-changing game. The Hawks need to win since there might be a chance that Al Horford rejoins the team for sometime in the series. Other picks that are considerable are: Carlos Boozer (Noah will not play Game 4), Luol Deng (same reason, might be asked to score more), Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler (amare will play for pride and nothing else), Ty Lawson.

With iso-Joe in place, there is a realistic chance that I might net 25+ PRA from him especially if his shot starts to keep falling. My projected stat for him would be 22 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists. I personally am hoping for a victory by the Hawks, just so that I could have another safer pick on the upcoming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment