Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fear the Beard!

Same position, same result. Two straight days I have picked a power forward - yesterday it was Serge Ibaka and earlier it was Brandon Bass - and both picks sucked really bad. My first choice was Ray Allen but I opted to save him for a home game instead of playing him in Game 1. I do not have a lot of options left in that series which means that I might pick a Heat player or two depending on the final result of their series.

Going back to the Spurs/Thunder series, I am still venting on the fact that OKC had Game 1 possibly in the bag but with Scott Brooks "small" lineup, it allowed the Spurs to get a 30+ scoring fourth quarter which was ultimately their demise. It is very evident that the Thunder lacked a shot blocker in the game because the Spurs are attacking at the rim at every possession. If this trend continues for the Thunder, this series might be done in 4 or 5.

With that, I am going with James Harden and hoping that he brings me back to the top 500 rank. Before the Conference Finals started, I was in rank 300+, then Ibaka came along and brought me down in the 600+ spot, then Bass scored me 11 PRA which placed me in 813th place. The Spurs still has problems defending the Pick and Roll and James Harden is the master of pick and rolls for this Thunder squad. I also feel that Harden has something to prove after his counterpart Manu Ginobili went bonkers on the fourth. Watching the game, both their styles are similar - both left handed, both draw fouls by bumping into the defender, both like to split the pick and roll to attack the rim - and it is very fun to watch. It is like looking at yourself in the mirror.

Hoping Harden gives me 20+ PRA, wont be surprised if he delivers the goods for the Thunder by scoring (which they badly needed in the fourth) and setting up his teammates. The Thunder are unlikely to lose both games before heading into Game 3 so this may be a good time to pick him instead of Westbrook who continues to put up bad shots and playing uninspiring defense against Tony Parker.

No comments:

Post a Comment