Thursday, May 31, 2012

Agent Hero or Agent Zero

Disclaimer: My blog today is not about Gilbert Arenas, coincidentally, Russell Westbrook has the same jersey number as Arenas hence the "Agent Zero" part of the blog.

What an amazing game by Rajon Rondo! 44 points, 8 rebounds, 10 assists for a total of 62 PRA. Congratulations to those who picked him at the right time. My pick Mario Chalmers delivered a 32 PRA game. He had 19 PRA at the half and only added 13 more as he deferred to LeBron and Wade in the fourth and overtime, he also missed four free throws that might have pushed his PRA score to possibly 36 PRA. Miami took a 2-0 lead and I will select Pierce for Game 3 and Ray Allen at Game 4. My reasons why will be posted tomorrow so please check out my blog.

With the Thunder down at a 0-2 hole, it is necessary for them to win Game 3 because no team in the NBA has come back from a 0-3 deficit to win a series. I have to pick between Durant and Westbrook in this game and my gut tells me to go with Russell Westbrook and save Kevin Durant for a much bigger game in Game 4 in case they lose against the Spurs in Game 3. With the way the Spurs are playing, its evident that they are deserving to go to the NBA finals. I also think that they can win it all but I do not want to jynx them so I am hoping for a Spurs loss in Game 3 to extend this series.

I know that Westbrook has the capability to explode for another 40+ PRA in this game especially that he is playing at home. He must take over in this game to create double teams as well as dribble penetrations which the Thunder sorely lack. KD cannot win this game alone so I am counting on Westbrook to score a lot and be the HERO of his team.

With my Chalmers pick, I jumped 100 spots to the top 600. Good thing there were only 10% of the drivers that went with Rondo. As I am writing this, 29% of the drivers are picking Westbrook and 31 are going with KD. Lets hope Westbrook gains more PRA's than Kevin. Here's to a 40+ PRA game!

No comments:

Post a Comment