Saturday, May 19, 2012

Highlight reel anyone?

Just as I expected, Kobe went out and played like a man on a mission. That performance of his got me a 49 PRA which is his second best PRA of the playoffs. Ramon Sessions also played with confidence and it translated into his stat sheet. I also got it right that the Lakers will win Game 3, now lets see if I got my other prediction right; that is the Lakers losing Game 4.

For today's schedule, the games are the Thunder/Lakers (Game 4) and the Spurs/Clippers (Game 3). Much like the Lakers/Thunder series, the Clippers must show the world that they deserve to be in the second round more than the Memphis Grizzlies. With the injuries to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, I can see an early exit from these guys and the Spurs gaining valuable days of rest and watching OKC and LAL tire each other out. Its days like this that makes you think that the Spurs are capable of winning another championship. Just like my friend keeps telling us, the Spurs' goal for this season is entitled "Drive for Five".

Since I believe that the Clippers will lose both their home games and I still have both CP3 and Blake to pick from the team, I will select Blake Griffin first before Chris Paul. With the plethora of injuries hampering Blake, this might be a better time to pick him rather than the second game of their back-to-back. Will save CP3 for their potentially season ending game where I think he will give his all.

The Sixers won their Game 4 as I hoped and I am banking on the Heat to win theirs. Most of the people playing this game are being cautious and picking D-Wade. It is really a hard decision for me to not pick a Heat player especially that they look helpless inside the paint against Roy Hibbert and Indiana. Adding salt to the wound is that the other Heat players are not contributing on the scoring department. Anyway, I am hoping for Blake to give me at least 25+ PRA. I am aiming for more but with his injuries, I doubt that he would reach 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment