Thursday, May 3, 2012

Joinng the bandwagon

As expected, the Spurs defeated the Jazz but I did not expect the Jazz to play THIS bad. Seriously though, 28 points in the first half? The silver lining here is that there were a lot of players who also got burned picking Al Jeff and Millsap. If I knew beforehand that this would happen, I would just pick Glen Davis and run away with his PRA.

Moving on, as I am writing this blog, 42% of DTTF players have chosen Carmelo Anthony for tonight's scheduled games. And I too will pick Carmelo Anthony for tonight's game. I have already picked Dirk in Game 2 and I intentionally saved Carmelo for this specific game. The stars have aligned for Carmelo to run his own show in Madison Square Garden. Without Lin, Amare and Shumpert, he will be relied upon heavily to carry the scoring load for his team. He will have a target on his back but it would need help from his teammates (Chandler, Novak, Smith) to also score and provide the spark to keep defenders off Melo's back. I also considered Tyson Chandler and J.R. Smith but with Jeremy Lin possibly returning on Game 4, this will be the ultimate game that Carmelo hoists up a ton of shots leading the Knicks to a close defeat.

After Millsap's 14 PRA stinker, I really want to bounce back in a big way and this might be the best time to capitalize on that. Knowing Melo's attitude, he will really shoot and attack the rim to get to the line more and to slow Miami, which loves to push the ball ahead of their defenders after a defensive rebound. My projected stat for him would be 24 points, 7rebs, 5asts.

Update: Chandler might be a better pick than Smith with some news on twitter saying that Bosh returned to Miami after his wife gave birth (to a half raptor-half human).

No comments:

Post a Comment