Thursday, May 17, 2012

Indiana cannot keep pace with Miami

I picked Andrew Bynum and I was completely contented in his 30 PRA even though I expected more. I thought the Lakers had it in the bag until they got sloppy and the Thunder scoring the game's final 9 points to win Game 2 77-75. Meanwhile, the Celtics took control of their series with a commanding win over the Sixers as the Celtic starters outscored the Sixer starters 84-36. With that statistic, Jrue Holiday still managed 15 points, 6 rebounds and 9 assists; Thaddeus Young scored 22 to help the Sixers.

I can say that Indiana cannot keep pace (pun intended) with Miami even though they won an ugly Game 2. LeBron and Wade will come and play with a vengeance. I am also counting on LeBron to prove to his critics once again that he is no choker (even though he does) by owning this Game 3 and making a statement to all his haters. I am a LeBron fan but they could have won Game 2 if he made those foul shots and took the last shot. I know he can make those shots but he does not trust himself fully.

After picking David West in Game 2, I am counting on Roy Hibbert to make some noise today. I almost went with Danny Granger but I do not trust him fully in this one. He also proves to me that he is not in the caliber of other All-Star forwards in the NBA especially under pressure. He takes ill-advised shots and I have a hunch that he will do the same in Game 3.

Hibbert quietly averages 12.5 points, 11 rebounds and 1 assist in their two games against the Heat this playoffs; he also plays better at home in the regular season. I expect Hibbert to break his slump at Indy and give his owners at least 25+ PRA. My projected stat for Hibbert would be 15 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists.

No comments:

Post a Comment