Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Man-Child

Indiana winning by three was a sign that the Heat can still win this series even though they lost Bosh to injury. The Heat however showed that they are vulnerable if Danny Granger and Paul George lock their sights on defending LeBron and D-Wade; Chalmers took the last shot with 7.8 seconds left and he missed (he was 2-10 from the field and 0-4 downtown before the shot) it WIDE-OPEN. On the other series, the Spurs once again made quick disposal of their opponents with a 16 point win against the Clips. Duncan was his vintage self recording his 133rd playoff double-double. Good thing I still have CP3 and Blake since I will pick both in Games 3 and 4 respectively.

For today's match, I am torn between picking a Sixer, Celtic or a Laker. In case you are living in a cave, the Sixers/Celtics series are tied at 1-1 and both are decided by one single point. The Lakers/Thunder series might end early if the Lakers does not show a fight against Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. With the Sixers/Celtics game so close for comfort, I decided to shift my attention to picking a Laker.

I am selecting Andrew Bynum and saving Pau at home and Kobe for a possible elimination game. With the way the Lakers are playing, it looks like that they have no answer for athletic Russell Westbrook and the OKC defense. Losing Perkins might soften the blow of their defense but the combination of Ibaka-Mohammed-Collison upfront are no pushovers. They are specifically on the team for their tenacious defense. If Perkins does not play, I am expecting Bynum to repeat his 30+ PRA game and hopefully be able to reach 40 PRA.

David West had 16 points, 10 rebounds and 1 assist yesterday which made me surprised since my projected stat for him yesterday was spot on except for the assists. My projected stat for Bynum would be 24 points, 12 rebounds, 0 assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment