Sunday, May 27, 2012

Serge I-Block-ya

Rondo gave me a 38 PRA and I really don't know if I made the right decision by picking him over Iguodala. I hope he plays awful against the Heat so that players that would pick him does not exceed 20 or 30+ PRA. If you checked my blog yesterday, I placed a link of Rondo's performance in the playoffs last year against the Heat; that made me decide that I should pick him so that I can have one of his best games in the playoffs. With Pierce fouling out in the last 4 minutes of the fourth, Rondo exploded for 14 PRA in 4 minutes. THANK GOD PIERCE FOULED OUT!

Thunder vs. Spurs - With a very lethal 3pt shooting arsenal and a deep bench, there is no doubt that San Antonio will advance to the finals. However, at 6'10'' Kevin Durant is a matchup nightmare. Their main problem is who can stop KD, all I know is that Kawhi Leonard will do his best to contain him. He has long arms that can frustrate KD and put a hand on his face. They also have to contain Russell Westbrook meaning Tony Parker must score and penetrate a lot to draw fouls (Parker vs Fisher > Parker vs Westbrook). It all comes down to both teams' role players as they must step up their game to another level. It will be a very good series to watch and I think OKC will win 2 games at home. SA in 6.

Checking the Thunder roster, the one player that I would certainly pick is Serge Ibaka . He plays better at home but I will roll the dice and predict that he will play better on the road especially because it is Game 1. Last year against the Mavs, Ibaka had 23 PRA in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals, he also did a good job of defending Dirk Nowitzki even though they lost 112-121. The biggest risk that I am taking here is that once Ibaka gets into foul trouble, he often shuts down defensively and offensively. Simply put, he looks like a walking telephone post.

Tim Duncan is a very smart basketball player and I know he will do his best to put Ibaka/Perkins into foul trouble because the bench of OKC is not as deep as SA. They have Collison and Aldrich at the bench and Collison is the better play than Aldrich. Hoping for a 15-25 PRA range from Ibaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment