Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This is Hawk-ward

I am sorry if I failed to create a blog yesterday about my pick for today's game. I am having a bad case of the headache and I think it is because of the hot weather in the morning and afternoon along with the cold weather of the night here in the Philippines. Anyway, my pick for today's game is Rudy Gay because I think that he will definitely perform better after shooting badly the last game. And if you look at the schedule for friday, the Heat/Knicks and the Grizzlies/Clippers are playing. As I am writing this, New York is on the verge of losing their series as they are down 11 with three minutes left in the game. With the lockout happening this season, I can see that David Stern might let the Grizzlies win this one game so that they may have a game in schedule for friday. This will create revenue for the NBA. However, this is only my speculation so don't assume that it will happen.

There were four elimination games yesterday and the Orlando Magic was the only casualty in yesterday's games. For tomorrow, I will pick Josh Smith since he is the one who is averaging the highest PRA of the players that are remaining for me. I have already picked Joe (13 PRA) and Carlos (38 PRA). I would NOT risk losing the opportunity picking J-Smoove after they almost lost the game due to sloppiness. Ty Lawson had 18 PRA but JaVale McGee and Andre Miller totalled 30+ PRA in that game. I am expecting Lawson to bounce back from that game and if I had already picked J-Smoove, he is my pick for tomorrow.

With Al Horford back in the mix for the Hawks, I can predict that they can force a Game 7 with the Celtics since the Hawks now has an All-Star caliber center in the lineup replacing ineffective Jason Collins. I am also unsure if J-Smoove will give me a 30+ PRA for tomorrow since Al Horford can also command the ball as well as effectively rebound the ball defensively and offensively.

A 30+ PRA is the norm for Smith so I am riding that chance that he will give at least 30+ PRA for tomorrow's game. The presence of Horford will reduce Smith's shot attempts and maybe rebounds but I expect Smith to shoot the ball better tomorrow after his BAD SHOOTING at Game 4. At one point in that game, Smith was 0-8 from the field. My projected stat for him would be 21 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists.

No comments:

Post a Comment